has partnered with FUNDrive Powered by Savers for a Donation fundraiser collecting new and gently used items.
Donation Drop off: 19 Bramble Ln Churchville MD 21028. @ Garage Door.
Anytime between 8 am- 8 pm.
Fundraiser Deadline: May 26, 2018
1. YOU get to clean out the closets and know the items are going to a good cause…
2. OUR PLANET. Approximately 85% of that waste ends up in landfills. The space for landfills is expensive and becoming increasingly hard to find, and it’s having an impact on our delicate environment.One of the easiest and most effective ways each of us can take an active role in protecting our precious resources is to recycle. Each and every acceptable item that is donated to be reused instead of thrown away can have a positive impact on the world around us…
Message from FUNDrive Powered by Savers: The vast majority of the goods are reused in the item’s original form. In other words, clothing is often sold again as clothing, rather than as recycled fiber. In cases where this simply isn’t possible, we find a workaround: textiles can be repurposed as insulation. All in all, we prevent more than 700 million pounds of goods from reaching the waste stream annually — equivalent in weight to more than 160,000 cars.
3. LOCAL COMMUNITY. Creating jobs for local community.
4. OTHER COUNTRIES…Much of the unsold merchandise at Savers is in demand by resale businesses overseas, providing a second, or third, life to those items. They sell and ship goods to resale businesses who — similar to our own intake process — grade, sort and make available a variety of products that supply business owners in other countries.
4. . We will receive money per pound of clothing which will support our Battle Buddy Program; providing trained companion canines to local veterans, free of charge.
WIN- WIN- WIN!!!!
• Soft Goods: Clothing, shoes, accessories and bed and bath items, including clothing (men’s, women’s, children’s), clothing accessories (hats, mittens, scarves, ties, nylons, socks, underwear), personal accessories (purses, wallets, fanny packs, bags), bed and bath (towels, sheets, blankets, pillows, curtains, tablecloths), shoes (all types) and other cloth materials (excluding water damaged or moldy items).
• Misc: Housewares (toys, games, puzzles, jewelry, crafts, mugs, pots, pans, candles, pictures/frames, utensils, small garden tools, china cups, vases, dishes, cutlery, stuffed animals, glassware, silverware, stemware, baskets, ornaments, hand tools), small electrical items (toasters, radio, power tools, irons, blenders, mixers, small stereos, CD players).
100% of the items donated that meet the specifications will be recycled. You can feel good about doing your part to support environmental preservation through recycling, while also helping veterans and homeless canines.
Did you know that the average American discards about 68 pounds of clothing each year? Sadly, approximately 85% of that waste ends up in landfills. The space for landfills is expensive and becoming increasingly hard to find, and it’s having an impact on our delicate environment.
One of the easiest and most effective ways each of us can take an active role in protecting our precious resources is to recycle. Each and every piece of clothing that is donated to be reused instead of thrown away can have a positive impact on the world around us. Below are just a few of the many benefits recycling your clothing can have.
You CAN make a difference! Thank you for contributing!
Join the Efforts! Be a DROP OFF LOCATION!!
Print off PDF and promote at your business
Thank you to Tails of Valor, Paws of Honor for jump starting this donation fundraiser with 22 bags of shoes donated towards the cause. For more details on Tails of Valor, visit Tails of Valor website